David

Two possible causes: shellac needs more thinning for your
gun/tip/pressure combo. You are spraying from too far away, allowing
the shellac to dry before it hits the surface. Practice makes perfect.
Try altering your technique. What size tip are you using?

David

mark wrote:
This is the first time I've tried to spray shellac. It was bullseye, out of
the can, and I cut it with denatured alcohol. I sprayed it, and it looked
ok at first, but as it dried, it seemed to pucker in spots and give me
orange peel. It's acting like I put it on too thick, but when i tried to
lay it on thinner, it didn't seem to be atomizing correctly, and it went on
a bit spotty. I put it on heavier to make it flow, but then it didn't seem
to dry right. What did I do wrong? Not thin enough?