Ed Sirett

Default Built in gas oven

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:10:00 +0000, tarquinlinbin wrote:

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 17:47:06 -0000, "NikV"
wrote:

Hi All
SWMBO has got her heart set on a gas double oven to replace our old elctric
fan oven, we already have a gas hob so the gas supply is there already, how
much trouble is it likely to be to fit? The last time I did any gas fitting
was with 3" iron pipe in a boiler house (20 years ago). Are there likely to
be fittings designed to supply both hob and oven easily available or is it a
case of just finding a BSP tee and flexible connector. I guess I'm asking
if this has been standardised - in our previous house I just fitted a
bayonet fitting.

Nik V

Flexible hoses are for "mobile" or non fixed appliances. Fixed
appliances, eg oven units/hobs/gas fires/central heating boilers
should be fitted with rigid pipework.

I've got a visitation from the CORGI inspector tomorrow so I'll quiz him.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk