NikV

Default Built in gas oven

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Try and persuade her otherwise. There really are no advantages over an
electric one domestically - apart from perhaps quicker pre-heating, but
lots of disadvantages.

Pah. I much prefer gas ovens. I usually only want to cook something for 10
to 15 minutes. The electric takes AGES to get up to temperature. The gas

is
MUCH quicker. I don't cook much puff pastry, so I couldn't care less about
even temperatures etc. Besides, when I am doing something more

complicated,
the electric fan oven doesn't give enough differential between top and
bottom for things that require different levels of heat.

Christian.

I have to agree, both from a cooking POV and a taste POV I prefer gas, I
always think (rightly or wrongly) that volatiles given off from the food are
burnt in the gas oven but just circulated to be deposited in an electric
oven.

Nik V