NikV

Default Built in gas oven

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:47:06 +0000, NikV wrote:

Hi All
SWMBO has got her heart set on a gas double oven to replace our old

elctric
fan oven, we already have a gas hob so the gas supply is there already,

how
much trouble is it likely to be to fit? The last time I did any gas

fitting
was with 3" iron pipe in a boiler house (20 years ago). Are there

likely to
be fittings designed to supply both hob and oven easily available or is

it a
case of just finding a BSP tee and flexible connector. I guess I'm

asking
if this has been standardised - in our previous house I just fitted a
bayonet fitting.

Firstly read the instructions.
Fitting built in gas ovens is somethings I've only done a couple of times.
It might be possible to fit the oven with a flexible hose and use a
standard self sealing bayonet connector on the other end.
(Screwfix parts 12279 and 14904).
This will allow the oven to be slid back in (or out of!) its housing and
then connected up.

Failing that you would have to make up some sort of arrangement where the
fixed pipewrk could be undone (when the need arises).

See the Gas Fitting FAQ.

done - brought back some memories

Thank you for your quick response. Ive had a quick look at the way the hob
is connected, basically gas comes out of the wall elbowed parallel with it
to a compression gas cock, a short 8 inch run to another elbow and soldered
copper to iron made onto the 15mm tailpiece union on the hob. I will
probably remove the section between the union and gas cock and insert a 15mm
tee soldered + and bayonet fitting pointing down. Ive done the gas tests
before so I will tell the wife that she can order the oven - fitting it can
be a valentine present :-/

Thanx
Nik