N. Thornton

Default B&D KA110E 2in1 sander - problem

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
Hi,

this sander has started to mis-behave.

Instead of running smoothly (if a sander can be said to run smoothly) the
speed is variable and it sounds generally rough.

I have taken it apart and there seems to be no obvious visible problem, and
the brushes still seem to be of a reasonable length.

The speed variation gives the impression of 'misfiring' - it speeds up,
misses a bit, speeds up again.

It does this on all speed settings.

Anyone had/solved this problem?

These days I guess having B&D tools serviced is not cost effective - even
years ago they used to prefer to trade them in against new at the service
centres.

TIA

Dave R

--

loose connection, worn down motor brushes, or burnt switch contacts.

Regards, NT