Carolyn

tony sayer
wrote:
Someone told moi in a kitchen suppliers depot the other week that
there is a distance that you must *exceed* between the Sink and a
Cooker hob i.e. so that you can't touch them with both hands, one
hand on the hob the other on the sink as it were.

Is this actually the case, as surely both should be earth bonded?.

BTW whilst on the subject is there an industry standard from the floor
to the top of the work top or not?.

Cheers..

I don`t think there`s a hard and fast rule (I may be wrong) about actual distances,
but when I had my kitchen planned out by MFI once, they advised me there must be
*at least* 400mm of worktop between the two areas..
This URL is quite handy
http://www.almostimpartialguide.co.u...ens/shapes.htm
Many more links can be found by typing in `distance between sink on hob` on Google..

--
Carolyn