Mike Tomlinson

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes

B&Q's ones are a higher colour temperature which will not
mix well with filament lamps. They would be OK if the rest
of the kitchen is fluorescent lighting of the same colour,
and quite brightly lit.

B&Q's range are by a firm called "Eterna". These are slimline fittings
and tubes in, IIRC, 10w, 16w, 20w and 25w. They're "linked" fittings;
up to 6 can be cascaded from one supply using the link cables supplied.

The tubes are 3400K and give a very pleasant light. I have them fitted
under the cupboards in my kitchen. They come with retaining clips fopr
flush-mount or right-angle mount and have an off/on switch, though mine
are controlled from the wall switch. The rest of the kitchen lighting
is halogen.

Can't find them on B&Q's website. TLC has them, and quite a bit cheaper
than B&Q too:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind.../Lighting_Fluo
rescent_Index/Linkable_Flourescent_Fitting/index.html

--
..sigmonster on vacation