Lobster

"Rob Bradley" wrote in message
Is the plaster sealer sold in bottles and tins, eg B&Q Interior
Plaster Sealer, just an expensive way of buying water with a bit of
PVA mixed in? Couldn't I just use say a 1:3 PVA:water mix? Would one
coat be enough on new plaster before painting?

I recently coated a whole, newly-plastered house with 1:4 PVA at the behest
of the plasterer, and it was a disaster. It rendered the surface
impermeable, sort of non-stick, and the newly applied emulsion could be
scraped off with fingernails after it had dried. Next time I'll use
diluted, cheap white emulsion as I always have in the past.

David