Bob

Scratch #20 off your list and you might save a fortune...

Check with your local building permit and tax assessment authorities. A
total demolition and rebuild may cost considerably more in taxes and
fees than a remodel. The difference between the two vary by location
and your inspector's atitude.

wrote:
I want to do a major renovation in my home. Here is what I want to
do, but I am not sure which to do first.

1. Replace the air conditioning
2. Replace all the plumbing in the whole house
3. Replace all the electrical in the whole house
4. Replace all the doors and windows
5. Replace all the floors, including the covering, deck, and joists
6. Replace the toilet paper holders
7. Replace all the insulation in the whole house
8. Replace the septic tank and well
9. Replace the basement floor
10. Replace the sump pump.
11. Replace the entire heating system
12. Replace all the siding, eaves, soffits, etc.
13. Replace the entire porch
14. Replace the garage
15. Replace the lawn, trees, and other plants in the yard
16. Replace the fence
17. Replace all the furniture and appliances
18. Replace computers and other electronics
19. Replace all the light fixtures including the bulbs
20. Replace the telephone
21. Replace the kitchen counter and cabinets
22. Replace all sinks, tubs and toilets
23. Replace the gas pipes
24. Replace the entire roof. shingles, boards, trusses, etc.
25. Replace all the interior and exterior walls including the studs,
plaster, siding, mouldings, etc.
26. Replace the entire foundation

I hope I got this in the right order. Please let me know.

By the way, I plan to tell the builder to use the old doorbell, that
works fine, and I am trying to save some money.