Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:08:30 +0100, Ed Sirett wrote:

I may be a bit over cautious but these are are highly loaded fixings

Think of the vector for the load, most will be straight down, not a
great deal is pull.

Whilst the cabinets in a run can help each other out they only have
two top corner fixings per box.

True, in the box, the brackets I've seen have 3 holes per bracket so 6
fixings to the substrate.

I would suggest that you put a peice of 2x2 right the way across the
top of the run and anchor that to the studs with 80mm-100mm screws.
Fit the boxes with the normal fixings e.g Nailex or even just wall
plugs. ( this gives a bit of pull to keep the boxes back to the
wall. The drill up through the roof of each box at about 150mm
spacing, countersink lightly and screw up into the batten with 50mm
screws.

I think I'd rather "sit" the cupboards on a batten rather than try and
hang them, why fight gravity? You're not going to see a 1 x 3/4" or so
batten underneath the cupboards. Those little 2 screw angle brackets
will stop the cupboard pulling forward and off the batten and any
decent PB fixing will hold the top in.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail