Dan

"Chas" wrote in message ...

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much
of
the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of
land
running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril.
They hate you.
I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up **** to do to
you,
do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things
done to
them, and they haven't forgotten it at all.
They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia
movement;
for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that
acts in
the corporate and political world as well.
I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst
them-
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the
time.

Chas
"Mike Sigman" wrote
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
**purses lips.... adds "Mormon Conspiracy Theory" to long list of
Chas-isms***

They're like a picture in a book for you, aren't they?
So far, I'm the only one in the conversation that has actual experience with
them, or fifty years of dealing with them. I married into a Pioneer Family;
a fundamentalist polygamous enclave.
I got to sit in the Gentile Seat on the Mormon Train a long time ago.

Chas

Chas-
hi. i'm not disputing the facts of your experience regarding the
polygamous clan you lived among, experiences on the highway with the
uhp, etc. however, i would say that my experiences have differed from
yours. i've lived in utah over a decade, married into a mormon family
(my wife is ex-mormon), i work with mormons, live with mormons, etc.
my wife's family has both strong pioineer and polygamous roots (her
great grandfather's family was in mexico for a bit and they even have
some cool stories about pancho villa). neither of us have ever
experienced nor even heard of some of the views that you mention
above.
i would totally agree with the idea that utah is probably closer
to a theocracy than any state in the union, but in the sense of the
people being very conservative, religious republicans not insane
gentile haters. i would also agree that they have a strong
persecutory complex from their early history and that many of them
believe they have the one true religion.
however, i do not believe that the positions you describe above
are held by the majority of mormons that a person would meet in utah.
rather, they would be an extreme view.
back to lurking...

regards,

dan