Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Do I need battens or some kind of special fixing behind the units to
spread the load across the studs?

You could try the metal "hollow wall anchors", the type with a machine
screw that pulls the back end of the plug in and spreads out a
multi-fingered metal flower on to the back of the plasterboard.

I'd *really* not trust those on their own. A wall cupboard can be very
heavily loaded - it's the convenient place to store crockery. And tinned
food.

I'd carefully cut away the plasterboard and let in a wood batten flush -
preferably decent plywood.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.