TOM

Several replies about finding a GFCI are usually correct. Back in the
1990's, the GFCI outlets could be hidden almost anywhere - today
they are usually closer to the affected outlet.

Sneaky places the GFCI may be located:

Bathroom. Usually needed here, it may feed the garage.
Kitchen. Sometimes underneath the sink feeding the garbage
disposal, may also feed the garage.
Water heater closet. Will not feed an electric water heater,
but sometimes the closet is close to the garage, and the
GFCI may be hidden in there just because it's convient.

-- Tom

"Basha" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I recently moved into my first house (year built 1993). After a week,
I noticed that the electric outlets in the garage not working along
with one outlet outside just adjacent to garage. I checked all the
GFCIs. I checked all the circuit breakers. They look ok. I got onto
the attique and couldn't find where those outlets are feeding from.
The grage door opener and the light bulbs in garage are working fine.
They are fed from seperate line. Is there a way that I can
troubleshoot/find out where these outlets are feeding from? Is there
anything I can do from my side or is it better to call an electrician?

Thanks for help.

Basha