willshak

Michael Baugh wrote:

I suggest that you are asking the wrong question.
I'll ask you, why do you want to insulate it?

The condensation forms steadily on a tank when the
flapper valve leaks, causing a steady source of chilled
water to have to be delivered to the tank.
=20

The temperature of my 300+ feet deep well water filling the tank is=20
about 55=BA F year round. If the bathroom is warmer than 55=BA, any=20
humidity, even the least amount of ambient humidity in the house air,=20
condenses on the tank continually until the water in the tank reaches=20
room temperature, where condensation no longer forms. This can be a=20
couple of hours, unless flushed again. Until that time, the condensation =

builds up and the excess drips onto the floor. Insulating the inside of=20
the tank with foam, or the outside of the tank with those nice fuzzy=20
covers that disguises your toilet so it looks like an upholstered chair, =

prevents the condensation from forming on the cold tank. All without=20
using using electricity.

slushfund wrote in message=

=20

About 10 years ago I insulated the toilet tank with a kit from Home Dep=

ot
maybe. After some years it finally gave up the ghost. I'd like to insul=

ate
it again but the kits I see now are the white styrofoam not the closed
=20

cell
=20

translucent sheets I'd used previously. Before I can redo it though I'v=

=20

got
=20

to get rid of the old adhesive inside the tank. Any ideas on a good
=20

product
=20

to get rid of this residue?
Know if they still sell that closed cell insulation instead o=

this styrofoam? Haven't checked any local plumbing shops yet.

=20

=20