Rich

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
t...
I suggest that you are asking the wrong question.
I'll ask you, why do you want to insulate it?

The condensation forms steadily on a tank when the
flapper valve leaks, causing a steady source of chilled
water to have to be delivered to the tank.

Not he only way it forms. Cold well water, repeated use with a few family
members. Don't know if they still do, but American Standard offered a
liner for just that reason.

Don't be afraid to open your mind to other conditions that your own house.

Why not install a mixing valve from the hot water line? Mix in just enough
hot water to the fill to keep the water below the dew point. Find the
humidity of the room and adjust the valve to get the desired temp. Wastes a
little hot water but solves the condensation problem.

Rich