Set Square

Ken Knott wrote:

i have just fitted a resettable immersion heater thermostat. It has a
dial to select the temperature and a reset button. Since you can
select the temperature using the dial i don't really understand what
resettable means in this context. can anyone explain? thanks.

Sounds like a secondary safety device which trips if the main stat fails to
operate for some reason.

Another explanation - albeit unlikely - is that it heats the water only
once, and then turns off until reset. I'm not aware that anyone makes any
like this, but it could be useful if you have a combined gas-powered heating
and hot water system, but need the occasional boost from an immersion heater
when needing a lot of hot water in a hurry. No? OK, I'll get my coat!
--
Cheers,
Set Square