Dave Hinz

On 8 Oct 2004 14:31:22 -0700, ksanny wrote:

Going along with the felt paper layering idea, I was playing around
with how things were going to look like, when I realized that if I
attempt to level the dip and then put my flooring on, the door to the
bedroom does not close anymore.

D'oh!

So now I'm sort of stuck. Do I level the floor and then put the
flooring on and then cut my hollow core door to size,

Yes. The hollow core door should have at least several inches of
solid wood at the bottom of it, so you've got room to do just what you
are about to do. Make the floor right, then make the door right to work with
the floor. Leaving one thing wrong to make it fit another wrong thing
ends up being a disaster after not too long, those sort of things have
a habit of accumulating.

The wood flooring will run perpendicular to the door frame when
installed. The dip is app 3/16 inch at the door entrance.

For 3/16ths of an inch, you may have found an actual use for an electic
powered hand plane. Or, sawhorses and the skilsaw.

Dave Hinz