BigWallop

Default undoing cast iron soil pipe joint

The spigot is the bit on the end of the pipe that accepts the plain end of
the other pipe you want to join to it. The female part as opposed to the
male part.

If you can see the spigot of the pipe that enters through the wall, then you
can get the job done. If you can't, then you're going to have to cut cast
iron pipe with a cutting wheel and angle grinder.

Working from the spigot joints makes doing alterations on cast pipe much
easier, so it's why I said work on the spigot and add another section of
pipe (plastic or cast iron) to it and it makes life a lot easier.

You say you're on the ground floor, so getting at both the inside and
outside sections of pipe should be quite easy for you, and I just wish that
we lived on the ground floor of our place so I could have saved money on
scaffolding for a weeks hire. :-))

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com