I-zheet M'drurz

orangetrader wrote:

How do you tell if a cable is RG-59, RG-59U or RG-6?

If there an harm if these cables are used together? In other
words, if the able from the outside to the outlet is RG-6 and
from the outlet to the VCR is RG-6 and from VCR to TV is RG-59U,
will this cause problems? Is RG-6 the best? I am not sure what
the difference is, but I am getting bad images on some channels,
and wonder if I would be using different cables and if this can
cause problems?

As Tony said, no, you should see no difference or ill-effects from
mixing.

Telling the difference: Mostly by thickness, although it is not
a huge difference. 59 is about a quarter inch, 6 is a "fat"
quarter inch. If you have crimp on connectors for both, and you
look down into them (as the cable would enter) you'll see the
difference, there's a bigger area between the outer and inner
edges, more room for the extra shielding material. I don't have
much experience with screw-on connectors, so I don't even know
if they're a "one-size-fits-all" or ???.

Oh yeah, besides thickness, sometimes you get lucky and it is
marked on the outer jacket g.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.