Larry Jaques

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:30:53 -0400, "C & S"
calmly ranted:

I recently removed a carpet from a hallway. The adjoining rooms still have
wall to wall carpet that will now terminate at a previously covered wood
(OWWM) threshold. How to I terminate the carpet (cut pile) butting up
against a threshold?

4 more common finishing touches:

1) Fold the edge of the carpet 1" under and tack it onto edge
tack-strip (longer tacks which are then hammered down so you
don't poke yourself) leaving a carpet edge.

2) Cover with flat aluminum edging and screw 'em down.
This gives you a flatter ramp effect.

3) Cover with C-shaped edging on tack strip.
This gives you a bumpy metal edge.

4) Make an undercut wooden moulding and tack the carpet down,
covering it with the moulding.

--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.