Jim Warren

Andrew Gabriel wrote in message
In article ,
"Stanley" writes:

By the way, I think these high pressure salesmen who have quotations

that
are valid for only one night giving you no time to shop round are

unethical.
That approach should not be legal. I've had several come up with that

tale
and it is very difficult to think straight. They start with a huge price

and
make their still inflated, if reduced, price look like a bargain. They

are
only after one thing ...... your signature. I am starting to learn, but

it
has taken me many years.

I had one of the nationals in to try selling me double glazing.
There was no way I was going to sign up with them because I
couldn't bear the thought of one penny of mine going to the
slimeball in the suit

My sister-in-law had one of these. Not only did he keep the pressure on to
sign, he wouldn't take no for an answer and he wouldn't go. After nearly
three hours she told him he could either walk out the door now, or she would
call the police to remove him. Then he finally went. The next day she went
to the high street showroom and demanded to see the manager, and told him
that not only would she not buy their windows (which she actually liked!),
but she would tell all her friends and workmates never to approach this firm
for a quote (and she did just that). They may have upset a lot of people
the same way, because what used to be their high street showroom is now a
take-away sandwich bar.

All the
unique features he pointed out to me on their windows were also
on the windows from a local installer, for a third the price,

When my sister-in-law told the crowd at work, one of them gave her contact
information for a local installer. This man measured up, took details of
types and sizes of openings etc, then sourced his own supplies and quoted
just under a quarter of the slime ball's best offer. She accepted the
quote. They were good quality windows too, not cheap and cheerful.

Jim