Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Stanley" writes:

By the way, I think these high pressure salesmen who have quotations that
are valid for only one night giving you no time to shop round are unethical.
That approach should not be legal. I've had several come up with that tale
and it is very difficult to think straight. They start with a huge price and
make their still inflated, if reduced, price look like a bargain. They are
only after one thing ...... your signature. I am starting to learn, but it
has taken me many years.

Just say No.
If, after thinking on it for a day or more, you do decide to go
ahead, they aren't going to refuse that same price. The thing is
that most people, after thinking on it for a day or more, realise
they're being ripped off, so the salesman knows his only real
chance of ripping you off is there and then.

I had one of the nationals in to try selling me double glazing.
There was no way I was going to sign up with them because I
couldn't bear the thought of one penny of mine going to the
slimeball in the suit, but it was a useful experience. All the
unique features he pointed out to me on their windows were also
on the windows from a local installer, for a third the price,
and that actually included doing quite a bit more building work
which the national wouldn't do.

--
Andrew Gabriel