Jan Wysocki

In article lgate.org, Michael Mcneil wrote:
"Selwyn Froggitt" wrote in message

What is my legal position regarding cancellation? Can I walk away from the
contract losing no more than the deposit (and their 'insurance')?

Forgive my lack of sympathy but you have not asked for any.

This is a diy group. Legal techs can be found at groups with the word
"legal" in them.

A little observation would show that this NG is very tolerant of non-d-i-y.
postings. If you don't want to know about topics such as
using estate agents, contractors, buying dishwashers, then there are several
options open to you. Your last sentence is a reasonable response. As for
the rest, why wind up an OP who already feels in enough of a jam?

I've just taken a look at the advice on the CAB website and find
it highly ambiguous. (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nm/buy...e_doorstep.pdf)
On the one hand it says:
"You do not have the right to cancel certain agreements where
you contacted the seller and asked them to visit you"

On the other, a little further in the same paragraph it says:
"the right to cancel does include agreements for home repairs and
improvements, such as fitting double glazing"

uk.legal might be useful, but I'd guess that a call to Trading
Standards or CAB would give you a swift definitive answer.
(CAB = Citizens Advice Bureau)

--
Jan