Sam Goldwasser

(Sidney) writes:

Rival microwave oven model:MT660,year:Sept 16,2003,UL:52LB,made in
China.No power I found an open thermal fuse/link/TCO (thermal cut off)
microtemp # G4A00192C (192 degrees Celcius) physically mounted on the
side of the magnetron but electrically connected right at the ac line
cord.Before I replace it I would like to know if it blew by customer
cooking something too hot or is there a part which caused it to
fail,as I took my Fluke series II DMM model:29 and measured most
components on low ohms range and they tested fine.
Note:the reason why I ask is because long time ago I stopped repairing
microwave oves as 70% of the ones that used to enter my shop had
defective magnetrons and the symptoms were no heating of food or
visible sparks and arcs.
Oh yeahm,this model has a bake and broil element like a regular
kitchen stove and it also has a turntable motor on the bottom.Thanks
in advance for tips.

You may have to just replace it (or bypass it if only testing) to see if
anything else is actually bad. It was there to detect overheating of the
magnetron. There can be many causes of that, or it may have just died
for no good reason.

Take care in there!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.