Sidney

Default Microwave ovens thermal fuse/link/tco

Rival microwave oven model:MT660,year:Sept 16,2003,UL:52LB,made in
China.No power I found an open thermal fuse/link/TCO (thermal cut off)
microtemp # G4A00192C (192 degrees Celcius) physically mounted on the
side of the magnetron but electrically connected right at the ac line
cord.Before I replace it I would like to know if it blew by customer
cooking something too hot or is there a part which caused it to
fail,as I took my Fluke series II DMM model:29 and measured most
components on low ohms range and they tested fine.
Note:the reason why I ask is because long time ago I stopped repairing
microwave oves as 70% of the ones that used to enter my shop had
defective magnetrons and the symptoms were no heating of food or
visible sparks and arcs.
Oh yeahm,this model has a bake and broil element like a regular
kitchen stove and it also has a turntable motor on the bottom.Thanks
in advance for tips.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada