Paul

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:

A large percentage of the male population is to some extent red green
colour blind - most noticeable in poor light.

It's not an old wives's tale that women are better at matching colours.

Especially in clothing stores.....

Heh heh.

The obvious one is where you need some paint made up to match some say
furnishings. Don't ask a male assistant for help...

Funny you should say that.

I've just had a nightmare job to colour match a deep red paint. The
first three attempts from different suppliers were miles out; the ones
that used a photspectrometer the worst!

Finally I went to another supplier which was 'manned' by just two women.
The first scanned the colour and mixed up a sample, which she compared,
and decided it wasn't a good match. Her colleague came over, glanced at
my sample, and pronounced, 'Oh, that's Royal Maroon' and just produced a
tin off the shelf, which was an exact match!

--
Paul