Nate Perkins

wrote in message . com...
bending, beating, etc.) required. The kit even comes with a 3/8 inch
105 inch blade to get you up and runnin' fast.

For the cynics, yes, it takes a while (think patience) to cut through
a 2x8x10 piece of mahogany with the Ridgid band saw (only 3/4 hp).

Just a suggestion: the 105 inch that comes with the Grizzly riser is
not a great blade. If you get a new blade (say a Woodslicer or a
Timberwolf blade), I think you will find that it will resaw your
2x8x10 without much trouble. The cutting speed will probably be much
faster, too. This was my experience comparing the stock Grizzly 105"
blade with a Timberwolf blade on my 14" bandsaw (resawing a variety of
woods for marquetry).

Cheers,
Nate