Andy Hall

Default 135 Degree worktop joint (external 45 degree)

On 27 Jan 2004 14:13:02 -0800, (James Simpson)
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 27 Jan 2004 09:14:54 -0800,
(James Simpson)
wrote:

My question is simple,

Could you possibly either post it as ASCII art. or sketch, scan and
put on a web site, or some other way to achieve something visual?

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://imebgo.users.btopenworld.com/

Have a look there for the image - thanks

OK.

I think I got the angle wrong, the actual angle taken from the outside
of the worktop is 225. (135 + another 90 ))

The difference here is that where your triangular pieces meet the
rectangular ones over the units. This is creating an external
angle, which is not normally done. Usually, the section over the
cooker would meet the sections over the units and form an internal 135
degree angle with the postform section. That works and I've done it.
The 90 degree angle between the section over the cooker and the
triangular pieces are also easily done.

Is this actually possible (keeping the rolled edge) or is my best bet
to cut straight into the worktop and join with a straight mitre and
cover the exposed peice with the laminate edging (I would rather try
and keep the rolled edge)

I think it should be with most jigs if you invert them or as a minimum
you could do a simple mitre on the external corner.

However, the whole thing is going to look quite odd and fussy whatever
you do. Why does the cooker have to be set back? Could you bring
it forward, even if it involves a deeper or wider worktop
section......??

Thanks - James

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl