Larry Jaques

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:25:26 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On 16 Sep 2004 19:24:24 GMT, (Gunluvver2) calmly
ranted:

I always liked watching Roy Underhill's Saturday morning ( on my cable

channel
anyway) TV show. I haven't seen it for many months now. Is Roy still

alive &
kicking? Anyone know? He is missed for whatever reason.

The best part was the show was 1 take. I remember a 'oops, dang' and seeing
blood on his finger. They kept right on shooting. They did an episode
where he visited a blacksmith (for hinges I think), which is vagely
metalworking.

Yeah, Roy's just like us. How here has spent a day or two in the shop
and not barked a knuckle, gotten a splinter, sliced a finger (with
paper, wood, or metal), or bumped a shin?

Roy is still alive and kicking but PBS is pandering
more to the Yuppies nowadays. That's why they and
HGTV are putting on dozens of inferior design shows
and fewer (NOT less) good, wholesome shows.
grumble, grumble

You don't like the new Dump More Money Into This Overpriced Old House Hour?
I don't usually flip to local channels. The biker shows have had much more
interesting projects, construction and metal content. Not to mention "shop
talk",...

They rarely did a kitchen makeover which cost less than a hundred
grand on that show. UFR! People back East have more bucks than
sense, y'know? Nomex=ON

---
Is it time for your medication or mine?
http://diversify.com Custom Website Applications