Don Foreman

Rust Mort, put out by SEM. Look for it at an autobody supply place that
sells auto paints. I like this stuff *much* better than Extend. I used
it for well over a decade of rust work on MN cars. A quart of it runs
about $15.00 now. A quart would do several trailers and a truck or two as
well.

Knock off loose flaking rust (if any) with a quick trip around with a cup
brush. Then slop on the rustmort with a brush or whatever. It's
water-based stuff; just slop it on with a cheap brush you won't miss.
(Wear rubber gloves and goggles) Let it work until stuff turns black, but
don't let it dry. If it starts to dry, slop on some more. When it's
"done" (5 minutes to an hour) hose it off good. When it's dry, shoot
it with primer. I like zinc-rich primer like Instant Cold Galvanize.
Grainger has one for $3.88 per rattlecan. 6KP26
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...042780&ccitem=
It's no good at all if you plan to shoot color, but it works fine as is.
It's what I used on my 5x9 3000lb trailer.

"Gunner" wrote in message

Probably the best thing to do is find a tank blaster and have it sand
blasted, but other than a cup brush and a day grinding the rust off,
are there any other options? Some chemical or paint that will stop
the rust and coat existing rust? Its very well made with lots of
angle iron and channel and its gonna be a real PITA to wire wheel it
clean.

Just pondering. Pretty is not important. Utility and cheap is. G