Grandpa

Upscale wrote:

"Dave in WA" wrote in message
news:bUW_c.2231$Q44.947@trnddc09...

Just because it can be done is no reason to do it. Corded tools are
probably safer and I'd bet a hell of a lot more powerfull...pound for

pound,

or comparably priced.

Maybe so, but I can think of a few reasons to do it. Car battery on hand,
cordless batteries have died or are not retaining much of a charge. Maybe
cost of new batteries or rebuilding batteries is too much. Maybe it's just
an educational exercise. Haven't you ever tried something just to see if it
works? A large proportion of what we do is a waste of time and money.

Yuppers, many new things have been invented by people tinkering around.
Good stuff Maynard! Besides, we've become too much of a throw-away
society.
Grandpa