Dave in WA

Just because it can be done is no reason to do it. Corded tools are
probably safer and I'd bet a hell of a lot more powerfull...pound for pound,
or comparably priced. But I guess if you have a few spare tools, a lot of
time and a desire anything is possible?

"William Krems" wrote in message
om...
Wonder if Robert Graham got the job done he posted question last
January about converting cordless to corded.
I did it today using an old Western Auto 10 amp car battery charger.
I used the tools today (7.2 volt Black and Decker saws that had 2
VersaPak removable batterries each), no problems, also wired a Black
and Decker drill, 4.8 volt with built in battery pack, (removed the
battery pack). Still used the 12 volt setting on the old Western Auto
10 amp charger.
Simply took cords off of old radio's and stuff opened up the tools and
figured out positive and negative, forgot to mark the other end of the
cord and had to take apart and use meter to get it right.
Works great, got them set up at thier own work bench with the charger
on shelf, can see amp needle on charger, when start drilling or sawing
the needle jumps all the way then settles back to 5 amps, 6 or 7 when
drilling with hard pressure.