Thanks for the response, Jeff. Since I would replace the oven rather
than repair it for $$$, disconnecting the buzzer and assume everything
will continue to work is a reasonable risk. If after disconnecting the
buzzer, there indeed is something wrong with the oven, I will throw it
out and not any worse off.

How difficult is it to get access to the clock assembly and the buzzer
board? Thanks.

jeff wrote:

wrote in message ...
I have the same Magic Chef 6498VTV gas range, and the same F1 beeping
problem. Instead of replacing the ERC or the touch pad, is it possible
to simply disconnect the speaker? I assume that there is a speaker since
the *$%# beep is so loud. My other assumption is that the F1 code is a
false alarm, and all the functions on the panel will continue to work
after the speaker is disconnected. If so, where is the speaker located?
Also, where can I get a copy of the user's manual for this model?
Thanks.

Hi,

An F1 code is often a stuck/sticky key panal....but can be a bad clock
or bad oven temp sensor as well.

Instead of replacing the ERC or the touch pad, is it possible
to simply disconnect the speaker?

Usually yes, it is on the backside of the clock assy....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=709249
Clock control

The buzzer will -probably- look similier to the one on this one...
http://www.repairclinic.com/dbimages...0/00203059.jpg

My other assumption is that the F1 code is a
false alarm, and all the functions on the panel will continue to work
after the speaker is disconnected

We can hope!

Also, where can I get a copy of the user's manual for this model?

MC & Maytag ( they own MC ) can probably help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/useandcare.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/