Leon

"DIYGUY" wrote in message
.. .
I had the identical problem with my five year old Delta CS. Solved it by
using the Delta insert made for dado blades. Needed one of these anyway so
it was not a big deal.

I don't know how you would make a zero-clearance insert for 45 degrees.
The problem I see is that the usual process for making the insert calls
for raising the spinning blade up through the insert while it is held down
by the fence. If you try this with the blade set at an angle two bad
things are going to happen.

Really?

The first is obvious and that is the entry cut into in the insert will not
be zero clearance because raising the blade vertically will chew up the
bottom of the insert and then exit the top leaving a larger opening than
zero clearance.

You are guessing here... right? The blade when tilted at a 45 degree
setting DOES NOT travel vertically. You better take another look at how
the blade travels when set at a bevel.

The second one is
really bad and this is that if you use the fence to hold down the insert
you must be sure to put it on the side opposite the blade direction and
there just may not be enough "bite" on this narrower side to keep the
insert clamped in place. I suppose there are other ways to keep the
insert immobile but overall I just cannot see this as practical. Anyone
else care to chime in here?

Wrong again.