Ollie

Default How to make small wedges?

I am in process of making a series of wedged tenon joints and for that
purpose I need to have quite a many small wedges. First tried to do that
with my table saw were quite dangerous. I did try with the fence and with a
shop made sliding table. In both cases I had difficulties to keep the small
pieces in place. My third solution was to use the tenoning jig by tilting
the blade by 5 degree to prepare the wood blank for the wedges and then
slice the wood into strips of the same thickness as the tenon.

I am convinced that there is a better way, where you first slice the strips
and then make the wedges individually. The main problem is how to keep
those small pieces securely in place. If you make the wide wedges first,
then the difficulty is to slice the nonrectangular small pieces

What is your solution?

+++ Ollie