Robert Galloway

Your trunions may have enough room to allow you to center the blade or
at least move away from the insert enough that it doesn't contact. If
everything else is spot on, parallel to the miter gauge slots and so
forth, I'd just make a custom, zero clearance insert out of hardwood. I
haven't had the stock insert in my contractor's saw in years. I kid
myself that an insert for the dado head that has a slot cut by the dado
I'm using gives less fuzz/tearout on the underside of the work. Does
seem that way, though.

bob g.

Rich Durkee wrote:

For the first time since I bought the Delta Contractors saw a year ago
I am trying to cut a 45 degree mitre in the ends of the jewelry box
sides. However when I tilt the blade to 45 degrees, the blade hits on
the insert. I noticed that when the blade is at 90 degrees the blade
is not centered in the slot in the insert, but I don't see where there
is anything I can do to move it over to the left a little bit. At 45
the blade doesn't hit by much but definitely hits. Don't see anything
in the manual about an auxiliary insert for cutting 45s so I what's
the problem?

Rich Durkee