Leon

The trunnion needs to be moved over so that the blade will clear the insert.
OR you can use a file and widen the slot so that the blade does not hit. If
your saw is doing a great job at providing smooth cuts when ripping, I would
make the slot wider. If the results of your cuts could use some improvement
I would move the trunnion and realign the blade parallel with the miter
slot. The later being the correct way to fix the problem.

"Rich Durkee" wrote in message
om...
For the first time since I bought the Delta Contractors saw a year ago
I am trying to cut a 45 degree mitre in the ends of the jewelry box
sides. However when I tilt the blade to 45 degrees, the blade hits on
the insert. I noticed that when the blade is at 90 degrees the blade
is not centered in the slot in the insert, but I don't see where there
is anything I can do to move it over to the left a little bit. At 45
the blade doesn't hit by much but definitely hits. Don't see anything
in the manual about an auxiliary insert for cutting 45s so I what's
the problem?

Rich Durkee