jim rozen

In article , Don Bruder says...

Waxed cotton thread. Seriously. A glued joint is likely to be too
brittle to hold for long - I wouldn't be overly surprised if it exploded
the first time the joint crosses a radius smaller than about twice the
length of the lapped section.

This is news to the belt manufacturers - how do you think they
get belting in lengths bigger than one cow unit long? They
glue the skived joints.

Leather belt cement used to be sold by McMaster Carr, and that's
what I've always used on my SB machines. The barge cement is
supposedly also available at shoemaker's stores and is reported
to perform fine.

Jim

please reply to: