@net.(reversed).mts

dan wrote:
What's that Lassie? You say that "
" fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:04:18 -0500:

snip of good info

I don't think there were glow-plugs on 1830's. They have a little
bathtub-faucet-looking thing under the dash with a silver cap on the
bottom. You unscrew the cap, take the top squirting thing off a can of
ether and push it up into the faucet for a second while you are cranking
it over. Usually the tiny line gets plugged where it enters the manifold
so that it won't start. Just locate the air intake behind one the
front-side grills and give it a shot in there.

I thought that's what it might be for. But the cap is stuck on but
good. Hopefully I won't need to start it in the winter, but it does
have a block heater in it.

Thanks for all the good info. Very helpful.

Would you remember what the big cast lever on the left side of the
transmission, just forward of the left axil is for? Since its not the
PTO, I can't guess what it's for.

That would be the differential lock. You can either grab the lever with
your hand and push it away from the seat or push down on the pedal with
your heel depending on which appendage happens to be free to operate a
control. It locks the differential in the rear end so both rear tires
turn together when you need the traction in muddy or icy conditions.

Jason Marshall

Marshall Seed & Forage Co.
Manitoba, Canada