PaPaPeng

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:55:01 GMT, "bill"
wrote:

I was thinking of using a hose connected to a funnel, which I could
put over a small charcoal fire (may 3 or 4 briquets). Then push the
hose a little way up one of the gaps in the strips. The big question
in my mind: is carbon monoxide heavier or lighter than air?

Just last week a 16 year old boy in BC did a similar thing, use
fire/smoke near the eaves to drive out wasps, and burned down the
whole house.

But your idea has a precedent. Beekeepers use smoke pots to calm down
their bees. The smoke will likely drive them out but won't kill the
wasps. One innovation I read about years ago is to use spray net (by
women to hold down their hair if there is still such a product)
instead of insecticides. It grounds the insects where you can kill
them or let the ants do it.