Howard Neil wrote:
I will try the fencing bar approach though, that may well be the
answer.

The fencing bar should make things a lot easier but it sounds as if you
have some very difficult ground. Is there room for a tractor to access
the fence line? If so, you may find a neighbouring farmer with a tractor
mounted post knocker. Much easier.

There's certainly room for a tractor, we even have a tractor, maybe I
should look for a cheap secondhand post knocker for the trctor.

Look on the bright side. At least your fence is not going to fall over
in a couple of years.

Experience so far says that's mst definitely true. Posts I put in
five years or so ago are still rock solid, they were round ones though
so were easier to knock in straight.

--
Chris Green