dan

What's that Lassie? You say that Robert Galloway fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:44:44 -0500:

Driven a lot of JDs. Yours doesn't sound familiar. The model number
would help.

model # 1830

I did figure it out with a little trial and error, and the duct tape
labels someone put on it.

The left lever has four positions in an H pattern.

forward HI, forward LO, reverse, and park. Yes park. It locks the
axal.

The right lever is like a four speed manual gearbox on a car, but
third and forth seem to be switched.

The PTO lever on the left of the seat doesn't seem to work like I
expected. It won't move forward and back like I would expect. It can
be pivoted out towards the wheel, but there is no detent to keep it in
position. It has a spring that pulls it back away from the wheel.

On the right side of the seat there is a lever for the hydraulic
connections. Those are capped off, so I haven't messed with it.

Also on the right there is a lever that I can only guess is the
raise/lower for the three point hitch. I haven't messed with that
either.

Thanks for every ones help.

Dan H.
--