JPEracing

Thanks guys. Jet is the way to go.
"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
.. .
No. IMO the Jet is superior to the Delta in terms of quality. That's

just
my impression based on the fact(?) that I believe metal is superior to
plastic. I may not be right either.

Barry

"JPEracing" wrote in message
Let me start by saying it`s a slippery slope........

Ok, I`ve got a Jet mini lathe. Step pulley model. Snagged it when Amazon

had
`em on sale for 199.99

Now the local Lowes has one of the Delta`s left for the 169 (plus don't
forget Delta turning tool or bed extension promotion).

Is the Delta that much better of a tool to consider buying one to

replace
the Jet ?
Figured I could sell the Jet and recoup some of the cost. But don`t want

waste money on redundant tooling if there isn't much to be gained.

Now I don`t do a lot of turning and I do have a Powermatic 90 for big

stuff.
But I do like taking the mini/midi on vacation and using it away from

the
shop.

Thanks to all.