Sparky

Default Sharp Microwave LCD Display Problems

I'm the unfortunate owner of a Sharp R-653M microwave oven which cost me 80
quid.

Last year I switched it off for two weeks to go on holiday,and when I got
back home and switched it on again,the LCD display didn't work correctly,
though the machine did function if you pressed the right buttons and ignored
the jumbled up display. The machine was 15 months old at the time, and after
complaining to Sharp UK I eventually managed to wring a free repair out of
them. The repair took six weeks as the repairer said that there was a
shortage of the displaysas Sharp had been having problems with them and was
unofficially extending the guarantee period to 18 monhs or so.

I've just got back from this years two week holiday, and guess what - the
bloody LCD display has packed up again! What is it with these displays that
they fail while they're not actually switched on!!!

I think this *MUST* be a design fault, and I don't want Sharp to get away
with it, so before I complain to them yet again, does anyone have any info I
can use as ammo?

Thanks in advance