Walter

you would not be gaining anything by selling the jet and
buying the Delta. At best the delta is almost as good as the
jet. I turn and teach on the jet and have turned on the
delta quite a bit. I also have help0 many customers to fix
there deltas when the bring them back to the store. and we
rarely have to do anything like that on the jet. I curently
have 5 jet leathes in the class room that are 4 years old
with out a single repair. One thing to concider is the
plastic handles on deltas, they break all the time. Delta is
supposed to be changing to the metal handles in the near
future. delta did have a problem with off center shafts in
the head stock for a shor time. We had to exchange all of
them for about 6 months to a year. We had one that the only
1x8tpi face plate that would go on the lathe was the one
that came with it. Nothing else would fit.
Let me start by saying it`s a slippery slope........

Ok, I`ve got a Jet mini lathe. Step pulley model. Snagged
it when Amazon had `em on sale for 199.99

Now the local Lowes has one of the Delta`s left for the
169 (plus don't forget Delta turning tool or bed extension
promotion).

Is the Delta that much better of a tool to consider buying
one to replace the Jet ?
Figured I could sell the Jet and recoup some of the cost.
But don`t want to waste money on redundant tooling if
there isn't much to be gained.

Now I don`t do a lot of turning and I do have a Powermatic
90 for big stuff. But I do like taking the mini/midi on
vacation and using it away from the shop.

Thanks to all.