Robert Galloway

Driven a lot of JDs. Yours doesn't sound familiar. The model number
would help.

bob g.

dan wrote:
I have a need to drive a john deere farm tractor at the boarding
stable that I keep my horse at. The only one who drove it left
suddenly after an argument with the owner. The tractor has two shift
levers going into the trans axle. I think one is like a four speed
auto giving four speeds, and the other gives forward and reverse plus
one or two other positions.

Are my finding correct so far, and what are the other positions?

Is there a lever to disconnect the PTO? there isn't anything hooked
up to it, but if possible I would like to not have it turning.

Do these things have any kind of parking brake? I figured out the
dual foot brakes OK.

I will get a model number when I go to the barn next, and will take a
pic of the controls.

Thanks.