Mark (UK)

Hi!

??

I think it is a lubricant, but maybe not an electrical one.....

It certainly lubricates parts on my car :-)

Yours, Mark.

Graham W wrote:

Franky wrote:

Is it safe to use WD40 as a switch (or potentiometer) cleaner on
circuit boards and in electronic equipment?

I know that you can get the proper aerosol spray cans of switch
cleaner but if I find myself without one of those then can I use
WD40?

Personally I would guess it is not OK as I figure there is always a
thin layer of oil but several people I have spoken to say that they
use WD40 all the time.

Any views on this?

WD40 is a Water Dispersant and should never be used as a switch
cleaner since it isn't, by design, either a cleaner or lubricant.