AArDvarK

Default wooden tool handle finishing

Search terms, nothing works:

tool handle finish
tool handle varnish
tool handle shellac
tool handle urethane
tool handle coating
tool handle gloss *?
tool handle glaze *?
tool handle japanning
clear japanning
"japanning for wood"
"for wooden tool handles"
"for wood tool handles"

AND I KNOW I HAVE SEEN IT! ... sometime in the past.
I would love to find a thick, super hard, fast drying clear
coat, anyone know? I tried MW spar urethane but that stuff
seems a bit rediculous... 24 hours later the first coat is soft
in the thicker (run) areas, a hanging hand saw handle. You
know, you gotta coat the whole handle and hang it to dry.
Then when I sand it, I go lightly enough, and most of it
simply sands right off the wood! It seems totaly futile. Any
good ideas, or the right product out there?

Alex