BigWallop

Default How to wire in oven and hob - advice please

"mike" robowen(no spam)1@(no spam)v21.me.uk wrote in message

I think you'd struggle to get a single 10mm2 and 2 x 6mm2 into the

isolator.

When I did mine a few years ago, I ran 6mm2 to the Isolator and then 2 x
4mm2 to the Hob/Oven - and its been absolutely fine.

Tim.

Like the man says

mike

My thoughts as well. The 6mm from 32amp MCB in the consumer unit to a 45amp
DP switch on the wall. Then 4mm's to each appliance from the DP switch.
The DP switch will be tight with two 4mm in the connectors, but they are
meant to take 8mm without taking any of the strands off the cables. You're
also better to sink a 32mm deep back box in the wall to make the cabling
easier for yourself. A standard inch deep back box is just a bit too tight.

As was said in another reply, the oven and hob combination can be taken as
one free standing stove, so the diversity of the thermostats working on the
hob will allow the appliances to be run on the 32amp fuse rating. Unless
your instruction manual says different. Anything higher than 32amp and
you'll need to upgrade the supply from the consumer unit to 10mm and use a
60amp rated DP switch on the wall.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com