DeeBee

Default How to wire in oven and hob - advice please

"DeeBee" wrote in message
Many thanks for the reply to my recent post regarding kitchen electrical
wriring regs. All issues are now sorted except for the oven and hob -

which
has now arrives and 'er indoors is nagging to try it out :-)

To summarise - the oven is rated at 5.18kW (22A @ 230v) (double under
counter oven) and the hob at 5.4kW (23A @ 230v).

The boss wants to have only one DP isolator above the worktop, which I

agree
with, so the question is how to wire this lot in.

The oven and hob manuals state that a 30A fuse should be used with a

minimum
of 4mm T&E cable.

My idea was 10mm T&E cable from the CU to the DP isolator then 6mm T&E to
two cooker outlet plates then to the appliances. The CU currently has a

32A
MCB on the cooker radial circuit, but I could change this to a 45A MCB.
However my concern is that the overall fuse is 45A, but the individual
appliances should really be 30A. Can you get fused cooker outlet plates or
something similar, or must I go for two completely separate circuits from
the CU with 32A MCBs.

This cannot be an uncommon application, but what is the best way to

proceed,
with the regulations.

BTW the CU is only a few metres from the oven hob, max 4m or cable from CU
to DP switch then 1m to the appliances.

Any help greatly appreciated so I can get it done this weekend

Thanks

Duncan

I kind of confused now, one answer saying I should use two seperate supplies
and another talking about diversity rules and that I can use one 6mm T&E and
a 32aA MCB.

Even if I apply Stefek's logic and the DP does have a socket I only get
25.5A or roughly 6kW of load. I have had an 8.5kW shower wired into a 32A
MCB via 6mm T&E for years and never had a problem.

Further answers and/or hints / tips / advice urgently and of course
greatfully recieved.

Duncan